Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is a prevalent oral health condition that affects millions of people worldwide. It is a serious condition that can lead to tooth loss and other health complications if left untreated. Traditional gum disease treatments typically involve surgery with scalpels and sutures, which can be invasive and result in discomfort and extended recovery times. However, with advancements in dental technology, laser periodontal surgery has emerged as a minimally invasive and effective treatment option for gum disease and other oral health issues. At Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, Dr. Miriam Ting and her skilled team offer state-of-the-art laser periodontal surgery to provide patients with advanced and comfortable treatment options.
What is Laser Periodontal Surgery?
Laser periodontal surgery is an advanced treatment approach that utilizes laser technology to remove bacteria and diseased tissue from the gums, promoting healing and reattachment of the gums to the teeth. The laser used in this procedure is a highly focused and intense light energy that can selectively target and remove only the diseased tissue, leaving the healthy tissue intact. This results in minimal bleeding, reduced pain and discomfort, and faster recovery times compared to traditional gum surgery.
Advantages of Laser Periodontal Surgery
Laser periodontal surgery offers several advantages over traditional gum surgery, making it a preferred treatment option for many patients. Some of the key advantages include:
- Minimally invasive. Laser periodontal surgery involves minimal cutting, reducing the need for scalpels and sutures. This results in less post-operative pain, swelling, and bleeding, and faster recovery times.
- Precision and accuracy. The laser used in this procedure is highly precise and can selectively target only the diseased tissue, leaving the healthy tissue intact. This ensures minimal damage to the surrounding healthy tissue.
- Faster healing. The laser stimulates the body’s natural healing response, promoting faster healing and tissue regeneration.
- Reduced risk of complications. The use of laser technology reduces the risk of infection and other complications associated with traditional gum surgery.
- Versatility. Laser periodontal surgery can be used for a variety of periodontal treatments, including gum disease treatment, gum reshaping, and removal of oral lesions.
Laser Periodontal Surgery at Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC
At Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, Dr. Miriam Ting and her experienced team offer state-of-the-art laser periodontal surgery as an advanced treatment option for gum disease and other oral health issues. Dr. Ting utilizes the latest laser technology and techniques to provide precise and minimally invasive treatment for her patients. The team at Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, is committed to delivering exceptional care and providing patients with comfortable and effective treatment options for optimal oral health.
We’ll Keep You Smiling
Laser periodontal surgery is an advanced and minimally invasive treatment option for gum disease and other oral health issues. With its many advantages, including minimal discomfort, reduced recovery times, and precise treatment, it has become a preferred option for many patients. At Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, under the care of Dr. Miriam Ting and her skilled team, patients can receive state-of-the-art laser periodontal surgery to effectively treat gum disease and achieve optimal oral health. To learn more about laser periodontal surgery, call (610) 550-3333 or visit their website to book an appointment.
Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, serves Chester County, Delaware County, Foxchase, and the surrounding Philadelphia area.