When you lose a permanent tooth, you must find an effective tooth replacement option. At Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, Dr. Ting uses dental implants to replace missing teeth in his patients’ mouths. Tooth loss makes chewing or even speaking difficult. Dental implants are an artificial tooth replacement for both the root and crown of a tooth. The surgical placement of posts directly into the jawbone is the first step to their surgery. These natural-looking replacements allow you to enjoy all the benefits of restored oral health immediately.
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
To be a candidate for dental implants, you have:
- One or more missing teeth
- A strong enough jawbone that can withstand the procedure
- A speech issue that can be improved with dental implants
How Long do Dental Implants Last?
Dental implants preserve the natural tooth tissue and also prevent bone from deteriorating. Because the dental implant is firmly placed into the jawbone by Ting, it cannot be removed and should last a lifetime with proper at-home oral hygiene and regular dental exams and teeth cleanings.
How to Extend the Life of Your Dental Implant
There are many factors that can influence how long a dental implant can last, including:
- Proper oral hygiene: How well you care and maintain your dental implant directly affects how long it lasts.
- How you use your teeth: Never use your teeth as a tool or chew or bite on anything hard.
- Location of the implant: Implants in the back of the mouth receive more pressure with chewing than those found in the front. As a result, the dental implant in the back of the mouth fails quicker.
Schedule an appointment to learn if you’re eligible for dental implants
When you want to replace missing teeth in your mouth, consider dental implants. Dr. Ting at Think Oral Implants and Periodontics can evaluate your teeth and gums to determine if you’re a candidate for this tooth replacement option. To schedule a consultation with our professional dental team, call 610-550-3333. We serve patients in Paoli, Malvern, Berwyn, and the surrounding Pennsylvania communities with advanced periodontal procedures and dental implant treatments.