Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is a common oral health issue that affects millions of people worldwide. It is a serious condition that can lead to tooth loss and other health complications if left untreated. However, with early detection and intervention, gum disease can be effectively managed and treated to ensure optimal oral health. At Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, under the care of Dr. Miriam Ting and her skilled team, patients can receive comprehensive gum disease treatment, including early detection and intervention, to maintain a healthy smile.
The Importance of Early Detection for Gum Disease
Early detection of gum disease is crucial for effective treatment and prevention of further damage. Gum disease starts with the buildup of plaque, a sticky film of bacteria on the teeth and gums. If not properly removed through regular brushing and flossing, plaque can harden into tartar and lead to gum inflammation, which is the initial stage of gum disease known as gingivitis. Early signs of gum disease may include:
- Red, swollen gums
- Bleeding when brushing or flossing
- Bad breath
- Receding gumline
Regular dental check-ups at Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, including a thorough periodontal evaluation, can help detect gum disease in its early stages, allowing for prompt intervention and treatment.
Intervention and Treatment for Gum Disease
If gum disease is detected, prompt intervention and treatment are essential to prevent further progression of the disease. At Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, Dr. Miriam Ting and her team offer a range of gum disease treatment options tailored to each patient’s unique needs. These may include:
- Scaling and root planning. This non-surgical procedure involves the removal of plaque and tartar from the teeth and roots, followed by smoothing of the tooth roots to help prevent further plaque buildup.
- Laser-assisted new attachment protocol (LANAP®). LANAP® is a revolutionary laser treatment for gum disease that uses laser technology to remove bacteria and diseased tissue while preserving healthy tissue, promoting healing and reattachment of the gums to the teeth.
- Periodontal maintenance. After initial gum disease treatment, regular periodontal maintenance visits at Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, are essential to monitor the condition and ensure proper oral hygiene practices.
- Surgical interventions. In advanced cases of gum disease, surgical interventions such as gum grafting, bone grafting, or pocket reduction surgery may be necessary to restore oral health.
Comprehensive Gum Disease Treatment at Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC
At Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, patients can trust Dr. Miriam Ting and her experienced team for comprehensive gum disease treatment. With advanced training and expertise in periodontics, Dr. Ting provides personalized treatment plans tailored to each patient’s needs, utilizing the latest techniques and technologies for optimal outcomes. The team at Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, is committed to providing exceptional care, educating patients on the importance of early detection and intervention for gum disease, and helping them achieve and maintain optimal oral health.
We’ll Keep You Smiling
Early detection and intervention are key to effectively managing gum disease and maintaining optimal oral health. With the comprehensive gum disease treatment options available at Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, under the care of Dr. Miriam Ting and her skilled team, patients can receive personalized care and timely interventions to ensure a healthy smile. To learn more about gum disease treatment, call (610) 550-3333 or visit their website.
Think Oral Implants and Periodontics, PLLC, serves Chester County, Delaware County, Foxchase, and the surrounding Philadelphia area.